Senior Data Scientist
Streetbees is building the world's first real-time platform for market data insights. We connect our clients with real time data on the behaviours and opinions of their customers provided by our users.
Using the Streetbees app, we broadcast our clients' requests to our thousands of "bees" on the ground in over 150 countries. Within hours, our bees return deep insights through their smartphones to our internal data science wizards who then deliver this data back to our clients via a custom visualised web dashboard.
Right now we're looking for a Senior Data Scientist to work directly alongside our Head of Data Science to innovate, productionalise and deploy our products across our broad client base. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a small, hugely talented team. You will be instrumental in helping to shape what Streetbees becomes over time, working alongside our Engineers, Product and Business teams to architect, visualise and interpret critical data and ensure the most accurate and innovative data models and tools are produced and deployed.
Send us your CV if you have:*
- Minimum 3 years experience in a commercial Data Science role
- Great understanding of standard NLP models and experience implementing them in a practical business context.
- Sound understanding of machine learning and other Data Science principles.
- Good software engineering and coding skills in Python and preferably a second language, like C++
- Scoping data science projects across the business and defining the workflow from end to end.
- Good knowledge of and experience with Numpy, Pandas, Scikit, NLTK, SpaCy, Scikit-learn, TensorFlow.'
- Developing and testing machine learning models using the latest data mining, statistical and machine learning techniques.
- Working closely with Engineers team to productionize models.
- Good interpersonal ability and are able to communicate your findings to the wider business including executives and stakeholders.
Let us know if:
- You’re an ‘evangelist’ for Data Science, you love spending time writing blogs, contributing to projects and attending events in the Data Science community (We do too!)
- You’re familiar with any other programming languages
- You have pursuits outside of work that you believe would be useful in our mission (No wrong answers!)
Here are some of the interesting technical challenges you’ll be working on:
- Being part of a greenfield project, designing a new data science library and tool stack from scratch.
- Developing novel techniques for customer analysis at large scale.
- Investigating and implement cutting-edge machine learning techniques, in particular in NLP.
- Working on real-world problems, with immediate client impact and feedback.
Our Mission is to make human data accessible - anywhere in the world. With the support of our world-class clients and the trust of our global community, Streetbees has gone on to provide insights from 87 countries since 2015. People from all over the world are now getting paid to do simple tasks such as sharing their local knowledge, and providing quality, real-time information to some of the world’s most loved brands.
- Employee option scheme;
- A generous holiday allowance; 24 days total, with the option to buy or sell 3 a year as you need;
- Amazing office in the middle of the City complete with a pool table and games room;
- An external training or conference budget of £500;
- A pension scheme - We’ll match the 1% you put in and you can put in as much as you want;
- We all come together for a Free lunch every Wednesday with a different cuisine each week;
- Fully Stocked Kitchen;
- Friday Catch-ups - Beers, soft drinks and wine provided as we chat through our successes and welcome newcomers;
- Choose your own device - Mac or PC,
- Paid volunteering days, 1 day per quarter, with a registered charity of your choice;
- Game room with Nintendo Switch, big screen TV + Mario Kart;
- Audible subscription;
- Yoga evenings once a week.
The Interview Process:
- Skype/ Phone conversation with Co Founder/ Technical Talent Manager (Ask any questions about us and tell us a bit about yourself)
- Streetbees Data Science Assignment
- Face to Face Interview with Head of Data Science and wider Data Science team
- Face to Face Interview with CEO
Learn more and watch our introduction to conversational research: http://bit.ly/2aXs2Zb